Places for to rock in La Crosse/Eau Claire

Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.
Flat_Atom
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Flat_Atom » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:32 am

House of Rock is a decent place to play. Nice load in/load out set up. Decent sound system. Stones Throw has a TERRIBLE PA. Our Halloween show there w/ Impaler & Harsh Reality was so cocked up there, it was beyond belief. We're talkin seriously fucked up signal flow on that board & no one there knew what the hell they were doing. Thump and Tempest had to re-route every channel for the sound guy cuz the dude who was supposed to work sound that night never came in. The poor schlep they had come in was so intimidated with the circumstances he pretty much just sat back and let Thump and Tempest do everything. Maybe they fixed it since last Halloween but man, that place needs major help in the way of sound/PA. AVOID STONES THROW AT ALL COSTS!! Warehouse has a good rep as does JB's Speakeasy.

lil bunny fufu
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lil bunny fufu » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:14 am

Flat_Atom wrote: House of Rock is a decent place to play. Nice load in/load out set up. Decent sound system. Stones Throw has a TERRIBLE PA. Our Halloween show there w/ Impaler & Harsh Reality was so cocked up there, it was beyond belief. We're talkin seriously fucked up signal flow on that board & no one there knew what the hell they were doing. Thump and Tempest had to re-route every channel for the sound guy cuz the dude who was supposed to work sound that night never came in. The poor schlep they had come in was so intimidated with the circumstances he pretty much just sat back and let Thump and Tempest do everything. Maybe they fixed it since last Halloween but man, that place needs major help in the way of sound/PA. AVOID STONES THROW AT ALL COSTS!! Warehouse has a good rep as does JB's Speakeasy.

Geez, that blows. We actually had a good experience last time we played there, but I think that was before the ownership change.

eriedasch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby eriedasch » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:28 am

s.orson wrote:I am from Eau Claire....play at the House of Rock if you can before anywhere else...but there is also the Mouse Trap downtown having shows....

I would also recommend House Of Rock. Top notch PA/sound system and very nice load-in. My classic rock/progressive jam band played there a few weeks ago with a local reggae band, but noticed the very next night there were some Madison bands scheduled to play incl. Helliphant.

Stones Throw is the "other" venue in Eau Claire and a little off the main drag (HOR is right on Water St.).

Unless the Mousetrap changed, they mainly book hippie jam bands.

foozyerdaddy

Postby foozyerdaddy » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:14 am

in our recent experience (droids) in that part of the state, i would recommend that ya'll check out jb's speakeasy in lacrosse...small room, but the crowd is always receptive...i believe atomic bitchwax played there recently...unfortunately cover bands are king in that part of the state, however a unique band like hifi could make a splash..you never know..if the staff likes you they will git ya drunk too...plus they got a sweet foos table..

Return to “Madison Music”