Places for to rock in La Crosse/Eau Claire

Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.
DrAwkward
Forum God/Goddess

Places for to rock in La Crosse/Eau Claire

Postby DrAwkward » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:14 pm

I'm sure this has been covered before, but i need an update. The HiFi has a Minneapolis show booked for Sunday 5/27 at the Triple Rock, and since we've never played in LaX or Eau Claire, we thought we'd try to hit something up on the way there Saturday, May 26th. What venues are still around in those cities that would welcome our noise-rock hijinks?

Frank Booth
Forum Addict

Re: Places for to rock in La Crosse/Eau Claire

Postby Frank Booth » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:25 pm

DrAwkward wrote:I'm sure this has been covered before, but i need an update. The HiFi has a Minneapolis show booked for Sunday 5/27 at the Triple Rock, and since we've never played in LaX or Eau Claire, we thought we'd try to hit something up on the way there Saturday, May 26th. What venues are still around in those cities that would welcome our noise-rock hijinks?

Try the House of Rock in Eau Claire.

http://www.house-of-rock.com/calendar.htm

Joe's email address is on that page, he handles the booking.

earlfoss
Forum Addict

eau claire

Postby earlfoss » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:37 pm

http://www.thestonesthrow.com/

there's stone's throw as well. worth checking out.

DrAwkward
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DrAwkward » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:41 pm

Nice. Thanks guys!

lil bunny fufu
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lil bunny fufu » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:18 pm

What's up, Doc? :)

Warehouse in La Crosse comes to mind.

Maybe something on-campus @ UW La Crosse or at UW OH Claire?
Last edited by lil bunny fufu on Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

earlfoss
Forum Addict

Postby earlfoss » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:25 pm

I like the warehouse's "play here" document... wow.

lil bunny fufu
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lil bunny fufu » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:28 pm

earlfoss wrote:I like the warehouse's "play here" document... wow.

Yeah, and they mean that shit, too. :D

DrAwkward
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DrAwkward » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:08 pm

lil bunny fufu wrote:
earlfoss wrote:I like the warehouse's "play here" document... wow.

Yeah, and they mean that shit, too. :D

Hah. That shit's rad. The part about "if you play shows that affect Warehouse attendance we'll remember it" is pretty hardassed, but i see where he's coming from. No one in Green Bay was stupid enough to book all-ages shows on nights the Cafe was open, and everyone worked together, and it was great. So yeah.

Nice to know the place still exists...our bassist is from the LaX area from way back, but i guess he always got the impression that Steve didn't like him or something when he was in town? I dunno. I've been to the Warehouse like once, for a Poster Children show in the mid-90s.

jammybastard
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jammybastard » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:28 pm

HiFi would work at the Warehouse.
See if the S2D guys or another band that has played there will book a show with you so you get a draw.
I think it's the only place for alt.whateve kids in LAX to get their freak on.
The Stone's Throw is more mainstream, but you shoudl play there because they are very nice and pay well.
I wouldn't waste your time with the House of Rock as they are very mainstream. Hell, they thought we were "too alternative" while someone liek Kiki Schueler would say we are "classic rock".
To each his own.

DrAwkward
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DrAwkward » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:44 pm

jammybastard wrote:HiFi would work at the Warehouse.
See if the S2D guys or another band that has played there will book a show with you so you get a draw.
I think it's the only place for alt.whateve kids in LAX to get their freak on.
The Stone's Throw is more mainstream, but you shoudl play there because they are very nice and pay well.
I wouldn't waste your time with the House of Rock as they are very mainstream. Hell, they thought we were "too alternative" while someone liek Kiki Schueler would say we are "classic rock".
To each his own.

Haha. In that case, House of Rock might be really fun, in a get-thrown-off-the-stage-at-the-Klinic type of way. ;)

I wonder how we'd go over with the ska kids. Paging RRNate...RRNate to thread...

sunspot_mike
Forum God/Goddess

Postby sunspot_mike » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:55 pm

We've played with pop to metal to goth to hardcore bands at the House of Rock, you'd go fine over there and it's right downtown so there's almost always a good crowd. The Stone's Throw has changed owners a couple times over the past two years, but the new guys are pretty cool.

The Warehouse is a kickass place and Steve's a cool guy who's gotta be hardnosed to stay in business.

The HoR or the Warehouse would be your best bets that night on shows where there'd be people and you could make some money.

DrAwkward
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DrAwkward » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:59 pm

sunspot_mike wrote:We've played with pop to metal to goth to hardcore bands at the House of Rock, you'd go fine over there and it's right downtown so there's almost always a good crowd. The Stone's Throw has changed owners a couple times over the past two years, but the new guys are pretty cool.

HoR has a show that night with only one local band listed with "more TBA!" so it might be a good bet. Nice to know we have a couple options, anyway!

s.orson
Forum Addict

Postby s.orson » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:48 pm

I am from Eau Claire....play at the House of Rock if you can before anywhere else...but there is also the Mouse Trap downtown having shows....I know because my dad is pissed off that his old hang out has changed

see if you can get the Joynt to throw shows again too while you're at it

Also contact Volume One the paper to advertise your show.

droidsattack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby droidsattack » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:05 pm

There are a couple more options. JB's Speakeasy (contact Jeff) and the Joint (used to be Club 324 or something like that) in La Crosse. I forget the guy's name who books the shows at the Joint, but mention to him that you are affiliated with Crustacean Records. He's a big fan of the label, and treated us very well when we played there.

DrAwkward
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DrAwkward » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:33 pm

droidsattack wrote:There are a couple more options. JB's Speakeasy (contact Jeff) and the Joint (used to be Club 324 or something like that) in La Crosse. I forget the guy's name who books the shows at the Joint, but mention to him that you are affiliated with Crustacean Records. He's a big fan of the label, and treated us very well when we played there.

Cool, we'll look into it.

Return to “Madison Music”