Madison club venues

Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.

Favorite club venue in Madison

The Majestic
6%
High Noon Saloon
88%
The Annex
6%

Total votes: 17

Matty Ballz

Madison club venues

Postby Matty Ballz » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:26 pm

Just wondering which of the smaller club venues you think is the best spot to see a show. Majestic, High Noon, Annex? I've grown kind of partial to the Majestic...the Annex is dumpy...High Noon is nice but kind of in a weird location...and they don't bring the rock enough.

I also think we're missing out on a lot of shows due to the proximity of Milwaukee (not to lack of venues)...Milwaukee gets A TON of shows that Madison doesn't...we get all the "college shows." It's a competing market and bands won't play both very often. But Madison is such a more cultured and hip town than Milwaukee...unfortunately I think bands get more $$ in bigget markets.

ms4denmark
Forum Addict

Postby ms4denmark » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:55 pm

None of the three. King Club for hip hop and rock, Inferno for electronic. Of the three you mentioned, the Annex. I like the intimacy of it.

Sheppy
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Madison club venues

Postby Sheppy » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:50 pm

Matty Ballz wrote: But Madison is such a more cultured and hip town than Milwaukee....

Tell me about it! "Culture" in Milwaukee means one of two things: ghetto or white trash. If you can call that "culture." And us Madisonians are just so much more open-minded than those undereducated low class slobs in Milwaukee. I mean people can barely spell there and their water is dirty. What a closed minded, dirty little city. Thankfully here in our city we don't have to deal with type of people they have in Milwaukee. Thank your lucky stars you live in this open-minded, hip metropolis!

Matty Ballz

Postby Matty Ballz » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:32 pm

I choose those three just because they house most of the national acts that come through...so I suppose I should rephrase the question to say "what is your favorite larger club venue that houses national acts on a relatively frequent basis?"

DrAwkward
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Madison club venues

Postby DrAwkward » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:11 pm

Sheppy wrote:I mean people can barely spell there

Hey, look--just because we insist on pluralizing "Blat" with a "z"...

blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:11 am

And now that Bob from Mickey's has turned down offers from Milwaukee to stay and take over King Club.....

Oop. Sorry Bob. Was that info on the record?
Hope I haven't accidentally pulled a Novak.

jammybastard
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jammybastard » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:40 pm

blunt wrote:Hope I haven't accidentally pulled a Novak.

Oh I'm sure you've pulled bigger!

Hey-OOOOO!

bobhemauer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bobhemauer » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:54 pm

blunt wrote:And now that Bob from Mickey's has turned down offers from Milwaukee to stay and take over King Club.....

Totally on the record, although I wouldn't say I'm taking anything over. Lisa and Tristan are really awesome people, and I'm psyched to be working with them.

supereightsnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supereightsnate » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:52 pm

bobhemauer wrote:
blunt wrote:And now that Bob from Mickey's has turned down offers from Milwaukee to stay and take over King Club.....

Totally on the record, although I wouldn't say I'm taking anything over. Lisa and Tristan are really awesome people, and I'm psyched to be working with them.

yah!

congrats, Bob. This makes me happy.

Now, can you bring Jack over to tend bar?

Scooterboy

Postby Scooterboy » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:03 pm

King Club! Faghat rawked Saturday night!

Return to “Madison Music”