My band is better than your band!

Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.

The Cutouts are better than my band because...

1) We played a gig with the Cutouts once, and yeah, they're better than us.
38%
2) Who the $#@% are the Cutouts?
50%
3) Put this crap in the Hype Exchange where it belongs.
13%

Total votes: 8

Scott
Forum God/Goddess

My band is better than your band!

Postby Scott » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:57 pm

It's time to play "My Band's better than your band" the game that's sweeping the nation!

Here's where to post what sets your band apart.

That's right, I'm tired of all this goody-goody brotherly networking crap.

Time to rattle the cobwebs offa this forum, a good ol' fashioned smackdown is what we need around here, and for some reason I'm itchin' to pick something, so I might as well pick a fight rather than those other things I like to pick when they itch.

Right. So...

The Cutouts are better than your band, and here's why.

-We'll still be playing ratty dives around this crappy city long after all of your band's friends have moved back to New York and Chicago.

- I can actually sing.

- We continue to use the same dsfunctional under $200 equipment we've always used. It's not the what you put in the gear, it's what you put in the ear.

- Our music is directly influenced by that lonely repetitive 'clank' heard on the deserted street outside of M G & E.

- We've played every single frickin' hall this city has had to offer for the last 7 years, have gigged in the past with some of Madison's biggest and best party bands, have done free benefit shows for just about every cause and sick musician under the sun, - but the Cutouts have never been written up or reviewed in any local paper, not even Rick's or Max Ink. How's that for cred?

- We just want people to hear our songs, and 10 years from now some guy will find a dusty copy of a CD we burned and gave to him free at a show, give it a whirl, and say "hey, that's not too bad."

- Our guitar player loves hanging around the Resale Records quansit hut so much that he secretly cultivates that old vinyl smell in a petrie dish under his bed. Okay, maybe the petrie dish part isn't true, but he loves old vinyl.

- We still think 'the And' were a bunch of pretty white boys in Chess King polyester suits. Perhaps your band is the modern equivalent.

-Our drummer can kick your drummer's ass.

Think your band's better than the Cutouts? Tell me why.

artpaul
Forum God/Goddess

Postby artpaul » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:39 pm

Are you sure you want to do this now

:?:

Maybe we should wait until after the MAMAs are over especially if someone wanted to win they could take it out on them at this forum.

lonesomejohnny
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lonesomejohnny » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:51 am

My band is so good that it only exists in the future!

And amen to that clanking thing @ MG&E. Does anyone know what that is? (I imagine you live within a few blocks of me!)

harrissimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby harrissimo » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:31 am

I don't know if your band is any good or not but this is one of the best threads ever posted on the Forum.

Stomach
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stomach » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:47 am

Sheppy?

gteeiguy

Re: My band is better than your band!

Postby gteeiguy » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:55 am

Scott wrote:-Our drummer can kick your drummer's ass.
Think your band's better than the Cutouts?

baaahahahahah! i challenge you.

perhaps not better, but were richer..... no my friend, not in a monetary aspect.

LoopBo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby LoopBo » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:40 am

The Cutouts are a very mediocre band.

artpaul
Forum God/Goddess

Postby artpaul » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:42 am

My drummer so Good I don't have a drummer any more I just pound on the side of my guitar :lol:

Optometri

Postby Optometri » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:18 am

We have been to top and back more times than any so-called "Madison" band or "other place" band for that matter.

newlow
Forum Addict

So good...

Postby newlow » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:31 pm

My band is so good we relegated Butch Vig to second chair engineer and put Bob Mould in charge.

See what greatness that brought us?......

Didn't think so.

Scott
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Scott » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:41 pm

LoopBo wrote:The Cutouts are a very mediocre band.

Thanks for the input! I'm a 21st Century kind guy, and can take that with a grain of gestalt. But I've got to tell you, my friend, your post is rather mediocre as well. So turn around while I give you some input as well, Cyrano style.

Here's what you could have said:

'The Cutouts? I heard their live CD was called Mediocrity in two Cities.'

or perhaps, "The Cutouts, I thought it was the Gutouts".

Scott
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Scott » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:48 pm

artpaul wrote:Are you sure you want to do this now

Maybe we should wait until after the MAMAs are over especially if someone wanted to win they could take it out on them at this forum.

Art Paul.. it's me, Scott.. we used to busk on State Street together back in the '80's, I asked to borrow your guitar when I did the solo gig before Dan and Dave from Soul Asylum at the Union.. we've had deep conversations on the bus..

Anyhow, I'm just trying to have a little fun here. I hope nobody will take this post in a malicious way.

So how do you beat the guitar like a drum and play it at the same time? Wouldn't that take.. er .. three hands?

artpaul
Forum God/Goddess

Postby artpaul » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:18 pm

Scott wrote:
artpaul wrote:Are you sure you want to do this now

Art Paul.. it's me, Scott.. we used to busk on State Street together back in the '80's, I asked to borrow your guitar when I did the solo gig before Dan and Dave from Soul Asylum at the Union.. we've had deep conversations on the bus..

Anyhow, I'm just trying to have a little fun here. I hope nobody will take this post in a malicious way.

So how do you beat the guitar like a drum and play it at the same time? Wouldn't that take.. er .. three hands?

Well actaully my point about my drummer being so good was he no longer plays for me.

I actaully don't strum when I pound on the guitar and I call it rap but there is still a kazoo solo.

Check out my rap My Name Is ART at Apple iTunes and at
http://www.rhapsody.com/artpaulschlosser

Hey in spoken word you don't need a whole band and sometimes you don't even need music so you don't have to pay anyone for sticking their nose in the air not that I knew anyone like that.

At the lennon tribute concert there was a really good drummer backing me for All You Need is Love and if I got paid for that concert I would have paid him something he was good.

Maybe better then the band that I don't remember that is suppose to be mentioned in this post.

But anyways Scott cool post and maybe will have a show together some time ?

blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:01 am

Stomach wrote:Sheppy?

Don't.

DamnShame

Re: My band is better than your band!

Postby DamnShame » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:03 am

Scott wrote:-Our drummer can kick your drummer's ass.

I would definately put up our drummer against anyone elses.
He may be skinny but that boy can scrap!

Return to “Madison Music”