An idea to raise some MAMA dollas... VOTE!!!!!

Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.

Who do you want to see in the dunk tank besides Jason, the Dentist and me?

The Mayor
38%
Brenda Konkel
12%
Chuck_Schick
8%
Blunt
4%
BobArctor AKA JackClubb
No votes
harrissimo
No votes
Ira Sharenow
27%
Wiggie
12%

Total votes: 26

Mr. Blues

An idea to raise some MAMA dollas... VOTE!!!!!

Postby Mr. Blues » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:06 pm

Get a big fucking dunk tank and put that dentist in it! I'll start saving my money now!!

I'll even get in the dunk tank for awhile, but only if two conditions are met:

1) They have to let me smoke in it.
2) Jason Joyce has to do it too.
Last edited by Mr. Blues on Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

droidsattack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby droidsattack » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:55 am

Am I the only guy that gets a kick out of the dentist?

Mr. Blues

Postby Mr. Blues » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:41 am

droidsattack wrote:Am I the only guy that gets a kick out of the dentist?

Yes.

Mr. Blues

Postby Mr. Blues » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:51 am

OK, Jason said,
Jason Joyce wrote:I have no problem with a dunk tank, other than the fact that it's not exactly dunk tank weather.

Have you ever sat in one of those things? It's arguable that the hottest day in July isn't dunk tank weather.

I just e-mailed Rick. I just talked to Tony. We're going to try to get the Mayor to take a turn in the thing too. Oh, this is gonna be good!

MLE
Forum Addict

Postby MLE » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:48 pm

Mr. Blues wrote:

Yes.

Hey now, don't be dissin' Chris! He's been a huge supporter of many creative organizations in Madison, and it's not like his time is spent selling some product - it's promoting health. I rather have him up there with a huge, phallic toothbrush that sprays smoke than some dude in a suit, backed by a huge and glowing logo. Just my two cents. Give teeth a chance!

Mr. Blues

Postby Mr. Blues » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:57 pm

MLE wrote:
Mr. Blues wrote:

Yes.

Hey now, don't be dissin' Chris! He's been a huge supporter of many creative organizations in Madison, and it's not like his time is spent selling some product - it's promoting health. I rather have him up there with a huge, phallic toothbrush that sprays smoke than some dude in a suit, backed by a huge and glowing logo. Just my two cents. Give teeth a chance!

Promoting health!?! Let's leave the smoking ban out of this! Since when does cosmetic dentistry have anything to do with health.

That being said, I have no problem with him personally, I just HATE his act.

Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Chuck_Schick » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:31 pm

Yeah, sign me up for a turn in the tank. Most of you pussies probably can't hit the broad side of a barn anywho.

I do get to bait my "assailants" though, don't I? Or would that qualify as a public disturbance.

"You throw like a cunt, Sheppy. Put some grease behind that motherfucker, fucker!!!"

charliedon'tsurf
Forum God/Goddess

Postby charliedon'tsurf » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:36 pm

MLE wrote:
Mr. Blues wrote:

Yes.

Yeah that's one opinion. Now counterpoint!
My hatred for the Christian rocker dentist began when I paid over $100 for a pair of good tickets to take my favorite 9 year old to see the Harlem Globetrotters. You would think that when you are paying over $50 a seat that you would be treated with a slight facade of respect. What I got was a 20 minute half time show of that attention whore prancing around and completely destroying "First I Look at the Purse", by calling it "First I Look at the Teeth". I alternated between wishing I had a whiskey bottle to throw at his head and my own urges to projectile vomit. Obviously the Harlem Globetrotters deserve some blame for that shit as well, but at least that's what I paid to see, not dancing toothbrushes and middle aged men in sequins.
The MAMA's are a good cause so if they have to take his money in exchange for letting him prance around that is the portion of the event when I will take a beer/bathroom/smoke break and come back for what I actually want to see.
But don't act like he is some altruistic saint. His obnoxious marketing is about lining his pockets and monopolizing cosmetic dentistry in this town. People whose main priority is actually about doing good things don't insist to have attention lavished upon them for their financial contribution.
I also have huge issues with the very concept of advertising health care. It isn't a pair of shoes, a record or a candy bar. It really is dumb and wasteful to advertise such things. Don't get me wrong, this dentist isn't as bad as the pharmaceutical industry lobbying the bribe takers in Washington to allow them to increase drug prices so I see ads for a bunch of pills I don't need, but this Krammer dude still blows.

Mr. Blues

Postby Mr. Blues » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:37 pm

Chuck_Schick wrote:Yeah, sign me up for a turn in the tank. Most of you pussies probably can't hit the broad side of a barn anywho.

I do get to bait my "assailants" though, don't I? Or would that qualify as a public disturbance.

"You throw like a cunt, Sheppy. Put some grease behind that motherfucker, fucker!!!"

Oh yeah, I'm looking for a waterproof wireless mic right now. I found a dunk tank too - rental delivery and pick up is just under $250. I may be able to sweet talk them into donating it, if not we'll have to take up a collection.

Mr. Blues

Postby Mr. Blues » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:40 pm

Jake! I think he blows too, but can't you be nice just once!

I'm adding you to the ballot!!

Dammit it won't let me!!!

Fuck it. I'm calling you out! I want you in that dunk tank. Put your altruism where your mouth is motherfucker! :D

Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Chuck_Schick » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:46 pm

charliedon'tsurf wrote:But don't act like he is some altruistic saint. His obnoxious marketing is about lining his pockets and monopolizing cosmetic dentistry in this town.

Yeah, he's a biz man first and foremost. But my sources tell me that he does a fair amount of dental work for cheap or no charge for those without insurance. If that's true, he can pretty much make an ass out of himself however he wants for all I care. When professional folks step up to fill the healthcare gap in this country ... well, that's called altruism. Now add to that the fact he supports public education ...

People whose main priority is actually about doing good things don't insist to have attention lavished upon them for their financial contribution.

Name a rich prick who doesn't expect his dick stroked now and again for his charitable actions. Jerry Frautschi? Oops ... guess not ...

Even Bill Gates gets in front of the camera now and again to talk about his foundation. It's called PR.

That said, I think Kammer's shtick is ultra-corny. Then again, I like it when people make utter asses of themselves in public. It means the rest of us aren't out there all alone. Idiocy loves company.

supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:54 pm

Dunk tanks aren't around as much these days. The last one I saw was about 5 years ago at a fair. I got 4 balls for $2 and nailed the target with ball #1. The guy got dunked real good and then woefully climbed back up. He looked pretty cold and weary. I thought my turn was over cuz I already got him but they said I could keep throwin' ... I knocked him back in with ball #2 and then couldn't bear watching him all miserable any more so I left it at that. I'm a sniper with a golden arm and merciful heart.

I'd gladly pay $10 for a chance at the mayor. One shot. Dunk.

jammybastard
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jammybastard » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:05 pm

Rick emailed me about this, and I told him that I would pay $50 to throw three beanbags at Joyce and Blues on the plank.
I suggested setting it up in the parking lot of the High Noon on the night of a MAMAs related show, and letting people have at it.

In fact, the best idea would be that if you paid $5 for a 3 tries at the target you are automatically registered to vote for the MAMAs.

Kill two birds with $5 bucks.

Wot a deal, no?

Mr. Blues

Postby Mr. Blues » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:07 pm

I just e-mailed the Dentist.

People will pay lots more than $5 for this. Hell, you offered $50.

jammybastard
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jammybastard » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:18 pm

Mr. Blues wrote:
People will pay lots more than $5 for this. Hell, you offered $50.

yeah, but I'm an idiot and let's not get greedy shall we?

$5 minimum w/ benefits is a good way to get ppl involved.

I think it's a great fundraising idea, and that's why I'll put my money where my mouth is on this.

Return to “Madison Music”