K-Peppers in Middleton

Where are you eating and what do you think? What's opening, closing, succeeding, failing?
kissyfish
Forum Addict

K-Peppers in Middleton

Postby kissyfish » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:19 am

On Kayuga Court.

I have to say that this is now one of my favorite restaurants.

Had the appetizer combo and the BiBimBap. FANTASTIC, at a reasonable price.

I brought a party of seven, and everyone was very happy with the choice. I also had the kimchi soup, HOT! But very tasty.

I cannot recommend this place enough. I am already looking forward to going back.

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Re: K-Peppers in Middleton

Postby Shorty » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:27 am

I'm not a fan of Korean food so avoid this place. I much preferred the soup and salad place that used to be there. What a shame they closed.

wallrock
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wallrock » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:53 pm

Shorty wrote:I much preferred the soup and salad place that used to be there. What a shame they closed.

The Soup Factory - I only went once and wasn't greatly impressed so I wasn't heartbroken when they closed. I'm a big fan of K-Peppers though. The spicy pork barbeque is my dish of choice. I am a fan of the heat so I didn't exactly heed the server's warning on my initial visit and went three stars hot (out of five). It was absolutely delicious but just about at the threshold of my tolerance, comparable to four stars at Lao Lang Xang. I keep it to a two star now unless it's a cold winter night and I'm getting takeout.

Tsur

Postby Tsur » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:39 pm

kissyfish wrote:FANTASTIC, at a reasonable price. I also had the kimchi soup, HOT! But very tasty.

I just went here last week for the first time. I was impressed too. I asked for four (out of 5) stars of hottness on the Kimchi Chigae and it was just short of intolerable - but in a good way. It tasted very authentic. At $14 (in a stone pot) I thought it was a little pricey. But I'd pay it again. The person I was with really enjoyed her veggie Bibim bap too. She opted to pay the extra $2 for the stone pot also. Her dish came with a delightful seaweed soup (Miyeok Guk?). A clear and clean broth with velvety strips of seaweed. I was envious.

The meal came with six or seven banchan (side dishes). Four or five of them were really good. But the cabbage Kimchi sucked. It was old and sour. A large part of my experience at a Korean restaurant is determined by their cabbage kimchi, but everything else was pretty darned good, so I'll give them a pass.

The one thing I don't understand is what makes this a "fusion" Korean restaurant. The menu and the food we ate, simply seemed Korean. One of the banchan had some mayo and pasta in it - guess that's fusiony. It wasn't very good though.

I wish they wouldn't charge extra for the stone pot. And, next time we go, I hope the kimchi doesn't suck. But overall, I was very pleased. It was a more satisfying experience than New Seoul.

kissyfish
Forum Addict

Postby kissyfish » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:07 am

I went back again, and again I was really happy. This time I had the bibimbap, but without the hot stone, and the dish was a bit on the chilled side, and on a hot day, it was perfect.

My 7 year old son had an order of the pork (something I forgot), and like our previous visit he ate all of his, to the point of getting a stomach ache, but loving it.

I also got a kimchi soup to go, for breakfast the next morning.

FABULOUS!

I may have to go there for lunch today...........

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Return to “Restaurant News & Reviews”