Did La Paella Close?

Where are you eating and what do you think? What's opening, closing, succeeding, failing?
drinkinblackcoffee
Forum Addict

Postby drinkinblackcoffee » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:30 pm

Enjoy your fantasy world then and their sophomoric food.

anyportinastorm
Forum Addict

Postby anyportinastorm » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:44 pm

oh..forget it..
Last edited by anyportinastorm on Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bleurose
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bleurose » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:21 pm

I'm with Bell - since the new owner made a point of saying specifically that smoking would be allowed, we (family, friends) won't be going there til Fitchburg gets around to its own total smoking ban. Yup, we do patronize Byrd's and specifically because they are completely smoke-free. Also agree with Bell - we no longer patronize any establishment/owner that continues to fight the smoking ban. If those places are that concerned about the 10% of their clientele that smokes and has no concern for the 90% that don't, that's fine by us. We don't have to go there and we wish them all the luck in the world with their 10% patronage.

Agree with Rabbit - this ban should be statewide to "level the playing field" and we are eagerly looking forward to the legislature getting on board with Doyle's proposal of same.

PaleoLiberal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby PaleoLiberal » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:53 pm

In a futile attempt to unhijack the thread...

Has anyone actually eaten at the new Contenital? I used to enjoy the old LP, and I hope the new place is as good as LP was in its heyday.

Bellwether
Forum Addict

Postby Bellwether » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:29 pm

If by new, you mean the old La Paella, no, no one has -- it's not open yet. The sign out front still says La Paella and the vehicles that are there most days are construction type trucks.

Bellwether
Forum Addict

Postby Bellwether » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:07 am

Story on the front page of today's Fitchburg Star says that the Continental will open for business Feb. 14.

So now we know. Thanks, Kurt, if you're reading this! :-)

Duncan Hines

The Continental

Postby Duncan Hines » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:41 pm

Actually, Nick and Jim Schiavo are 3rd generation restauranteurs. Their grandfather, Jimmy Schiavo, ran a popular restaurant on East Washington Avenue in the 50s and 60s called The Continental. In fact the street that intersects East Washington Avenue at the old Continental's last location (now Imperial Garden East) is named "Continental Lane." Jim Schiavo has managed many restaurants (not just with ESPN) and has been working at Cafe Continental the past three years. It's fair to say that all the Schiavo's know a lot about the restaurant business and have many loyal, longtime patrons, myself included.

Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Re: The Continental

Postby Ducatista » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:46 pm

Duncan Hines wrote:Actually, Nick and Jim Schiavo are 3rd generation restauranteurs.

I swear I'm not playing spelling copâ??it's just that you might find this interesting (I did, when I learned it): it's restaurateur, no N.

Duncan Hines

Postby Duncan Hines » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:59 pm

I am correctly corrected.

Return to “Restaurant News & Reviews”