Guantanamera version 2.0

Where are you eating and what do you think? What's opening, closing, succeeding, failing?
Sheppy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sheppy » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:45 pm

Ducatista wrote:I really want to like the place, so I'll probably go back to try an empanada.

Well of course you "want" to like the place. We all want to like stuff. No one wants to dislike something. I mean, I really want to like Milwaukee's Best Ice because it's cheap as hell and has a high alcohol content, but unfortunately it tastes like ass. That doesn't stop me from drinking a ton of it, tho. So quit whining and just eat it.

Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ducatista » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:52 pm

I don't want to like youâ??yet, perversely, I do.

narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:50 pm

Went again last night and it was better than ever. First, they have the interior finished off and very comfortable. They have a liquor license now. And, best of all, he is going to bottle his red and green sauces. There will be a limited number so you get on his email list to be notified when it's ready. We had the hearts of palm salad with a mango dressing, curry chicken dinner, island special w/shrimp (I think that was the name), and an empanada. All excellent and even better warmed up an hour ago.

The last time I was there with friends, one of them dropped a plantain on the floor. Not being able to stand the thought of wasting one, he plucked it off the floor and popped it into his mouth. He didn't even wipe it off. Disgusting yes, but that's how good they are!

Return to “Restaurant News & Reviews”