Search found 4776 matches

by DCB
Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:49 am
Forum: National Politics & Government
Topic: Why Doesn't Trump Shut Down Russian Uranium Mine?
Replies: 44
Views: 1109

Re: Why Doesn't Trump Shut Down Russian Uranium Mine?

Abramovich is a well-connected hedge fund operator and Putin ally, who is in business with the Rosatom conglomerate on a nuclear-powered Russian icebreaker to be used in the Arctic... What a wacky conspiracy theorist you are - drawing a direct connection between Putin, Rosatom, and Trump. Meanwhile...
by DCB
Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:15 pm
Forum: Headlines
Topic: Al Franken: Step Right Up! It's Your Turn!
Replies: 88
Views: 1122

Re: Al Franken: Step Right Up! It's Your Turn!

And just for "parity" http://www.tampabay.com/florida-politics/buzz/2017/11/17/florida-democratic-chair-resigns-over-being-creepy Stephen Bittel's rocky tenure as Florida Democratic Party chairman ended in disgrace Friday after he resigned following accusations from women that he leered at...
by DCB
Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:42 pm
Forum: Headlines
Topic: Al Franken: Step Right Up! It's Your Turn!
Replies: 88
Views: 1122

Re: Al Franken: Step Right Up! It's Your Turn!

Ned Flanders wrote:Partisan indeed.

I got yer partisanship right here:
https://wonkette.com/626006/weird-how-t ... enage-boys
by DCB
Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:06 pm
Forum: Headlines
Topic: Al Franken: Step Right Up! It's Your Turn!
Replies: 88
Views: 1122

Re: Al Franken: Step Right Up! It's Your Turn!

david cohen wrote:I think reasonable people can vary in their categorization to some degree.

To some degree.

I'm still trying to figure out what I think. But I'm convinced that forcing yourself physically on another person, as Franken admits to, is assault.
by DCB
Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:59 pm
Forum: Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com
Topic: Best of TDPF
Replies: 697
Views: 101451

Re: Best of TDPF

I find most of gozer's posts incomprehensible, but then sometimes....
not to mention the trump-cthulu non-aggression pact of september 2016 . . .
by DCB
Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:52 pm
Forum: Headlines
Topic: Al Franken: Step Right Up! It's Your Turn!
Replies: 88
Views: 1122

Re: Al Franken: Step Right Up! It's Your Turn!

jman111 wrote:
Ned Flanders wrote:Ah, Moore was pummeled by the media and asked to step away from the election immediately.

(my emphasis)

I do not think that word means what you think it means.

It was immediate, and universal, right after Moore admitted the allegations were true and apologized.
by DCB
Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:31 pm
Forum: National Politics & Government
Topic: Good Fellas and Ideology
Replies: 33
Views: 545

Re: Good Fellas and Ideology

Ah well, you missed the point on Clinton. No, I think we got your point. You don't think his behavior was bad because it was consensual. A lot of liberals, like 1990's-me, agree with you. But 2017-me disagrees very strongly. Bill Clinton was wrong to have sexual relations with a subordinate, whethe...
by DCB
Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:56 am
Forum: Headlines
Topic: Wouldn't it be great if everybody had a gun?
Replies: 5205
Views: 265943

Re: Wouldn't it be great if everybody had a gun?

I'll just leave this evidence-based, reasonably argued, filled with lots of stuff that sure seems like common sense to me article here, especially for the "laws won't help" crowd, without further comment: 4 Laws That Could Stem the Rising Threat of Mass Shootings I was going to read that ...
by DCB
Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:35 pm
Forum: Headlines
Topic: Foxconn sweatshop
Replies: 60
Views: 5622

The gift that keeps on taking

The $3 B handout is just the beginning of the costs. potentially another $764 million in local assistance and infrastructure spending, So now we're getting close to $4 B. Is there anything that taxpayers can do for our new corporate master? Among those challenges are increased traffic and the proble...
by DCB
Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:27 am
Forum: National Politics & Government
Topic: They admit Russia meddled
Replies: 183
Views: 7142

Re: They admit Russia meddled

Welllll, to be perfectly fair, by that logic we made them our enemy when we helped Yeltsin win in 96. And the world knows about that. Well I didn't. But I'm not surprised. Anyway, that's kinda my point. This stuff happens all the time. We don't go to war over every act of hostility, because that wo...
by DCB
Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:41 am
Forum: National Politics & Government
Topic: They admit Russia meddled
Replies: 183
Views: 7142

Re: They admit Russia meddled

The fact that you and the politicians you have supported have chosen to make Russia your enemy does not obligate the rest of us to go along. The Russian government chose to interfere in our election. That makes them enemy. Neither I nor anybody else in America chose that. Except possibly the Trump ...
by DCB
Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:17 am
Forum: National Politics & Government
Topic: They admit Russia meddled
Replies: 183
Views: 7142

Re: They admit Russia meddled

Try finding one of my posts in which I supported Trump. Just one. Well, you didn't explicitly and unequivocally denounce the Trump war budget, ergo you are a supporter. By the same token, P_T has not denounced the white supremacist rallies; we have to conclude that P_T is a nazi sympathizer. For th...
by DCB
Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:27 am
Forum: National Politics & Government
Topic: GOP tax scheme Official Thread
Replies: 39
Views: 1014

Re: GOP tax scheme Official Thread

Q: Will corporate tax cuts spur economic growth?
A: No.
"The reason firms aren't investing is because of a lack of investment opportunities, not because they need more tax incentives to do so," Clausing adds


Not that facts matter for the party that embraces Nazi pedophiles.
by DCB
Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:49 pm
Forum: Movies
Topic: Harvey Weinstein
Replies: 75
Views: 7106

Re: Harvey Weinstein

I thought SNL might finally do a skit with someone playing Weinstein last night. Didn't see one unless I dozed through it, which is possible as it was a pretty lame show. He must still hold some sway over the industry. Tom Cruise lampooned HW way before this shit all came out. He must really be unt...
by DCB
Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:58 am
Forum: National Politics & Government
Topic: What's wrong with the GOP, anyway?
Replies: 1663
Views: 138753

Re: What's wrong with the GOP, anyway?

Henry Vilas wrote:Trump Nominee for Federal Judgeship Has Never Tried a Case

Despite the fact that he is totally unqualified, every Republican on the Judiciary Committee voted for him.

This has been another episode of "Profiles in Courage", brought to you Sen. Flake and Corker.

Go to advanced search